Saturday, January 15, 2011

Webs.com website down

I have spent an exhausting day on a forum trying to resolve my website issue with my website service provider called webs.com
To no avail.  There was much back and forth blaming our Internet service providers, our IP address' not working ect...(this was done by webs.)
My Internet service provider was very pro-active in trying to resolve the issue.  In the end the tech. who was helping said it was an issue with webs. and not my IP or with my Internet.
What did webs respond?
"In regards to customers calling their ISP. Please note, free users are not exactly our customers but we are willing to assist in any way possible. Also, those having the issue are also customers of the ISP. Therefore, yes, we need for you guys to call them. " 
That is a direct quote from one of webs.com employees on the forum.  Now does that sound like a company you would want to deal with? 
First a little background.  Webs.com is a free provider to help you build your website.  They put advertising on your website, so in fact we are not free users.  Also it's not just the free users having an issue.  Those who paid to have a premium site (their own domain name) also could not access their websites.
My suggestion is not to use webs.com for any of your business ventures.  Their manner in deal with issues is very questionable.  I'm very upset as were the 300+ customers on the forum I was just on. 
I just lost 2 months of work, as well as my entire online business.  My website was my business, and now it's gone with no action being taken to fix the issue.

My dear friends, I ask with the power of Internet, lets not let webs.com get away with this.  Please forward this to anyone you know.  Get the word out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment