Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Health care


After attending a health seminar that my chiropractor, Dr. Sandy Bhasin delivered to his patients last night. I felt it was important to share some thoughts.
The bulk of his discussion was about the importance of total health care. Which I have to admit is a bit strange coming from a chiropractor. As he began his presentation it was very apparent how much he actually cared about people's health and in teaching proper care of the body. There are a few things that stuck with me. Before getting into his demonstration he made us stand up and say "I am happy and I am healthy". I'm a big fan of this type of encouragement, but what I found is it opened the room to him. When he would ask a question, we, his audience of patients would openly answer him. The second thing was his entire speech was focused on ways to obtain optimal health. Normally these types of doctors are only interested in fixing the immediate issue, such as neck or back pain. However, Dr. Sandy carefully designed this seminar to help his patients understand where the root of the problem is, how to get better and how to remain healthy in order to lead a more fulfilled life. I have never seen this level of care in any health care practitioner I have visited. I'm not knocking down other doctors here don't take this the wrong way. But rather how many sick people there are visiting their doctors and these same physicians do not have the time to spend with each individual patient. I really feel that these types of seminars
are important in educating people on the importance of maintaing health.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment